Terms and Conditions
Before we start work
- We have given a quote, based on our professional assessment of the time it will take to complete the commissioned work.
- A first draft of a few text paragraphs will be written, to make sure you are happy with the style of writing. Once this has been discussed with you and approved, the full first draft will be created.
- The quote includes time allocated for all the original writing, together with reasonable re-writes, changes or additions.
- The quote also includes any consultancy work we undertake to assist you in defining your business message and image.
- Should an unexpected number of changes or a large amount of re-writing be requested, over and above the original brief, we will notify you when the original time quoted for has been used up. We will then discuss with you any further charges which might be incurred.
How we work
- We always do our best to respond to your emails and phone calls promptly
- We will always keep you updated on progress as work proceeds
- If during the course of the project you decide to make major changes to the original job for which we quoted, we may need to add an additional charge. This will be discussed fully with you.
Invoicing and payment
- We request a commencement fee which is payable in advance. This will be calculated on an individual basis dependent on the size of the project.
- An invoice for the remainder of the amount is issued as we near the end of the project.
- On completion of the project, should we not hear back from you within five working days we will assume that the work has been signed off to your satisfaction..
- Payment is politely requested within 14 days of issue of invoice. VAT is not charged. Interest will be charged on overdue invoices at the current rate.
- Should you notify us that you wish to cancel the agreement between us before we have completed the work you instructed us to carry out, we shall invoice you in respect only of the work that has already been completed up to the time that we receive your notification.
- We shall retain copyright in written material until your payment of our fees in full has cleared our account.
- At this time the copyright passes to you for the sale and marketing purposes for which it has been created.
- Because written material created by us remains copyrighted to us, further and future use or sale of such material for purposes other than that for which it was created requires our written approval and may incur an extra charge.